Thursday, October 30, 2014

To EFY Or Not...That Is The Question?

(no family e-mail this week.  Here is a quick e-mail Jake wrote me....he was trying to decide whether to apply to be an EFY counselor or not)

I decided to apply because it's something I want to do. During Sacrament meeting yesterday a family got up and sang the EFY Medley. It gave me a lot of peace and it got me excited about the future. 
     As a zone leader our responsibilities are pretty much the same as they were before. We get to be around more missionaries and have opportunities to help them as well as our own area. It's quite enjoyable.
     I'm getting way to lazy with my emailing and I'll try to be better.
     This week was kind of frustrating because we had a lot of people commit to come to church then they didn't come. Why don't people just come to church? We're going to be working a lot on that. It was fun this week though and we got to teach a lot of lessons.
    Haha Jace always has something new up his sleeve to do. Hopefully he'll watch out for Ebola. I'm pretty sure that's what girls have... or maybe I was thinking about cooties. Ha probably the same thing. Anyways he wrote me a really nice email this week.
     It seems like a lot of our investigators have a lot of challenges in their lives that distract them from the gospel, but at the same time I think it helps them to be humble enough to listen. We just hope to help them understand that the gospel will help them through their trials. One of our investigators, Aaron, lost one of her children in a custody battle and it's hard for her to really focus on anything else. Everything is going to work out though.

I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment