Monday, October 20, 2014

Ring Around The Rosie, Duck Duck Goose and Bubble Gum Bubble Gum In a Dish

(no family e-mail so I will share my momma email:)
Momma!     Ha I don't know what's going on today, but I just don't feel motivated to email people.     Quick update... Matt is doing pretty solid and wants to get baptized, but Valerie is not quite ready to get married, so that's a struggle. We met with the family that had the great experience with the pamphlet, and we had a good lesson. We were outside teaching and their little girls were being super loud, so I ended up on babysitting duty while my companion and a member taught the restoration. They told me that it was a powerful lesson and the family seemed excited about the message. I got to have a great time playing ring a round the rosie, duck duck goose, hide and seek, bubble gum bubble gum in a dish, and other spectacular games. Haha it was a pretty good time.     I love my new companion. I knew him at the beginning of the mission and have always wanted to serve with him. It is fun to see how much he has grown over the past year. He is a good friend to have and I feel like he always has my back.     Mom I definitely have to say that it is a huge blessing to be a zone leader. At the beginning of my mission I always looked forward to the chance that I would have the glory of being a zone leader because I didn't understand what it meant, but every week there are so many opportunities to help other missionaries achieve their goals to be successful. There are also the frustrations that come when they don't work as hard as they can, or they spend their time in unproductive ways, but it is my favorite thing to be able to counsel with missionaries about how we can be our best. Anyways, I simply like the life I live. My patriarchal blessing says that my mission president will determine my capabilities through the spirit and call me to positions of leadership. Well after 14 months of no leadership I wondered if that promise was true or if I had done something wrong that made me undeserving of the blessing promised to me. It seems like Heavenly Father has taught me a lot of lessons on patience lately which is strange because I can tell you that I'm definitely not praying for it. Ha It is a blessing though.     Elder Holman is from Bountiful,  and he is such a fun elder. I can't wait to share the miracles we'll have this upcoming transfer.     I love you mom! Thanks for all your support. HFF!-Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment