Monday, March 24, 2014

I Glory in Plainess; I Glory in Truth; I Glory in My Jesus...2 Nephi 33:7

This has definitely been a week of miracles. A few weeks ago we got a text from the family we were working with that said they wanted to stay with their church. We sat there for like 10 minutes because we were so bummed out and we couldn't figure out what we needed to do. Her boss is a member and on the high council here and has started working with her a lot though. We met with them again this week and we still have a chance. She respects her boss a lot, so we're hoping something amazing can come out of that. We don't know what exactly we need, but we're going to have a miracle baptism here soon.
     Zack and Felicia are still doing really well. We had some good short lessons with them and they seemed excited about all of this. Elder Van Halder keeps reminding me that I just need a little patience because they'll get there. We just need to help them understand the gospel and invite them to partake in the goodness.
     It's crazy to see how confident Elder Van Halder is these days. In just a few short weeks he has become such a powerhouse. It almost seems like he's at the end of his mission because he is getting so good at teaching. He's always cracking good jokes and making everyone laugh then baptizing people with his majestic words. Ha he's got the whole package.
      I have definitely learned a lot about power in the first three chapters of 1 Nephi. It's usually not very easy to get investigators to read, but starting from the beginning with them and just going through it definitely sparks interest. Nephi is just such a boss. By the end of 2 Nephi he has become such a powerful prophet. I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my sould from hell 2 Nephi 33:7. It is so amazing to read about these great prophets of the past and the strength that they had. Hopefully I'll be able to be as bold as he was someday.
 I love you family! HFF
 -Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment