Monday, August 26, 2013

Elder Hoddy Turns 19 and Gets a New Companion!

Happy 19th Birthday Elder Hoddy!




Ok so bad news... I'm not an immature 18 year old anymore, I'm an immature 19 year old now... haha but I love it. This week has been a little crazy. Of the six missionaries that were in our ward last transfer only 2 of us are still here. My new companion's name is Elder Evans and he is a super awesome guy. It was kind of sad to see all the missionaries go, but I'm reminded that where one door closes another door opens, and we had a lot of opened doors this week.


The most amazing thing that has happened is we have been meeting with this guy Jake. We met him a couple months ago, but we've been having a really hard time meeting with him. We finally were able to meet with him and he is taking it all in so fast. We met with him on Thursday as our follow up to the restoration, and we talked about faith. We read some verses in Alma 32 and left him with that chapter and 3 Nephi 11. He told us how Alma 32 really hit him in the chest and he has been so excited to meet with us. He asked us if we could stop by on Saturday so we went over and taught him more. It's crazy how fast he is progressing and learning about the gospel. His heart is so open to learning and he has been prepared for the gospel. He also has a huge support system of friends from high school who are members. We are really excited to be meeting with him. He's amazing.
My birthday was a blast. We had district meeting in the morning, so the sisters brought cupcakes and made me a hilarious card. I forgot it, but I'll send a pic next week. We knocked doors for a while and met some great people. None of them were incredibly solid, but they will be someday. We just keep telling ourselves that we're dropping seeds. Planting as we go. Then a member saw us, so we talked in his house for like 20 minutes and he gave us popsicles which was awesome. Then we had a dinner with some of my favorite members, the same ones who pranked Elder Anderson, and had a great discussion about missionary work. I really value their friendship, and it is extra awesome because they're on our missionary team.
I just picked up the package this morning. I think it was there on time, but we weren't home so they took it back to the post office. I haven't gone through all of it, but I'm cracking up. I love the rolled up 19 ciggy dollars. Ha this package is awesome. Thanks for everything and I love you all so much.
-Elder Hoddy





 

No comments:

Post a Comment