Monday, July 8, 2013

POWER HOUR

Dear fam,
 
This week has been another great one. The 4th of July was probably my fave because we got to hang out with members and then go see fireworks. It didn't sound very effective to knock on doors when people just wanted to spend time with their families. We had so much fun that night though. We played this game called smoke the bowl and it's kinda like charades. It got pretty competitive and we laughed so hard that we cried.
Yesterday we had the chance to go to a Roman Catholic church which was a totally different experience. They are very ritualistic and it was not at all what I was expecting. The investigators that took us are some of my favorite people in the world. It seems like most people here are Christians, but it's so fun to find people that truly live a Christian life. They're amazing!
Ok so last night we tried out this new thing called Power Hour! After dinner we ask the members to pray for miracles for the next hour. We went to a family's house that we had just started teaching and it was perfect because they were all home, so we had the chance to talk to the parents and play with the kids. It has been hard to catch them at a good time, so it was so amazing to see them. I also bought a kids version of the Book of Mormon in the MTC and I decided to put that in my back pack that day and I realized that it would be great for the mom to read to the kids so I gave that to her and I'm hoping that it will make a difference in her life.
It has been kind of tough getting investigators to progress lately, but we found out that we have another transfer here in the Village Ward, so I think we're going to have a lot of great opportunities with these people. Elder Nelson goes home August 8th though so that is going to be weird seeing him leave. I've been with him almost my entire time on my mission and we've seen such cool things together. It seems like everyday we get to see miracles and it is so fun to be here. Anyways, I love you all and I'm super jealous that I didn't get to party at bear lake with ya. Hoddy Fam Forever (HFF)
Love,
Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment