Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This Work/Sharing The Gospel Is So Much Fun!

Family!
This week has been a really cool testimony to me how involved Heavenly Father is in this work. I haven't been able to be in my area very much because I'm staying in another area with a couple elders and President couldn't find me another companion to work with until transfers. However, every time I have been in Choctaw this week, Heavenly Father helped me use the time as effectively as possibly. We were able to have a lot of lessons.
 
The Ferris family came to Sacrament Meeting this week and it seemed like one of the speakers spoke directly to them. He has been a convert for 10 years and just got released as a bishop in the ward next to us. He talked about the importance of modern day prophets and combined it with his person conversion story. Their daughter even came to church even though she had an ear infection. It seems like many investigators find reasons not to come to church, but they found every reason to come. I'm really excited for the future of this family.
 
I get a companion on Thursday, Elder Rodriguez. Hopefully he'll teach me Spanish or something cool.
 
It's been so fun to stay with these Elders. Their area is definitely a city area and there are so many people to talk to everywhere. Sometimes it seems like we can't get anywhere because we're always stopping to talk to people. I guess that's where the Lord needs us though.
 
This work is so much fun. I can't imagine not doing this right now, and it's just so amazing to be here. On the way to emailing this morning we stopped to get gas, and I got to talk to the guy next to me for a few minutes about his life and what matters to him. It is just such a cool experience to always be talking about the things that matter most and to watch people smile as you share something uplifting with them. Find opportunities to share the gospel, even if it's with the members around you, and you will constantly be reminded of the great blessings you have. I love you all so much! HFF!
 
-Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment