Monday, June 17, 2013

Tornado Clean Up

Hey Mom!
How has summer been going for ya so far?.. You'll have to give me the deets on St. George and other things you've done. Things here are still pretty crazy. It's so weird to see that wind can level neighborhoods. we have driven through different streets and all that is left are just big piles of junk. All the houses and trees are just torn apart and it is so crazy to see. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan though... We have had a lot of success lately as we've been tracting and talking to people. After seeing all the work that the Mormon Helping Hands did for Oklahoma, people are more willing to hear what we have to say. Yesterday we were doing tree cleanup on a huge property which was super fun and we were just messing around with some of the other Elders. When we got back I went to go get in the shower and there are were all these little things crawling around on me, and I realized they were tics. I started freaking out and smacking them off me, so my companion ran in and I found a bunch on him. Haha we were both screaming like little girls, but we got them all off and only one had bitten me. So many funny things are happening here and I have such an awesome companion.
Right now I'm serving in the village ward which includes down town OKC and a lot of the neighborhoods around it. Kevin Durant lives in our ward boundaries, so hopefully i'll get to meet him but I doubt it (if you don't know who that is just ask dad). I'm having a lot of fun here, and there are some incredible members here. It's also so cool to be around so much religious diversity. Some people have some really strange ideas about religion, but it's fun to learn a lot of different perspectives.
 
I love and miss you tons,
Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment