Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter! Two lunches and Two Dinners....A Lot of Food!

Family!

This week was amazing, especially because of Easter. Three of the part-member families we're working with came to church, and the Waldens came as well. A lot of less active members came, so the chapel was full and they had to open up the gym and set up extra chairs. It was so cool to see so many people come to church to honor our Savior and His resurrection.
     We had a lot of fun on Easter but definitely ate way too much food. We had two lunch and two dinner appointments, so it seemed like that was all we did yesterday after church. They were huge gatherings though, so we probably met like 40 people who aren't members. Hopefully we planted some good seeds, and one of them said we could come by sometime. We got home feeling pretty sick from all the food, but we made a lot of good memories.
     It's hard to describe how much this area has changed, but it has taken such a turn for the better. It seems like we have so much support and trust from the members and they want to help. There are part-member families and other investigators coming to church and soon we'll have plenty of baptisms. Hopefully there will be a huge excitement and that will trigger many more converts.
     I was on exchanges this week with an Elder and he gave me some really good things to think about. The first thing we talked about was the gospel of Jesus Christ being the "what" and "why" we teach. He was telling me how good I was at teaching what the gospel is, so I felt pretty good about myself. Then he encouraged me to really focus on teaching why the gospel of Jesus Christ matters to them. I need to make it relevant to them and they will more easily be able to feel the spirit in lessons and they will be more interested. It made me think a lot about why the gospel matters to me. The next thing he talked about was having a better relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That made me think because He should be the person to go to when ever something happens whether it be happy, sad, exciting, boring, important, spiritual, scary, amazing, or anything else like that. We can go to our Father in prayer just like a best friend. He's always there for us.
     It seems like every time I learn something new it just opens the door for the next thing I need to learn.
      I am so grateful for this Easter season and what is has meant this year. He lives! And because He lives each of us will have the opportunity to do so as well. The grave shall have no victory, and that the sting of death should be swallowed up in the hopes of glory (Alma 22:14). Because of him our potential is infinite.
I love you and hope you have an amazing week. HFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment