Monday, May 20, 2013

Jake's First Letter!

Dear Hoddy Family,

  How are you guys doing? You need to keep me updated on everything that's happening, except I don't want pictures because I want the surprise of seeing how much you've grown and changed while I'm gone. I still want the pictures that we just took though as well as Clarissa's wedding pictures (I'm not engaged yet!) and Livi in her Junior prom dress. It has been so amazing here in the MTC. Everything was a little overwhelming the first day, but it was cool to be here. Haha it was kind of like drinking out of a fire hydrant.
  Today was a total spiritual punch to the face. I realized so many things and the spirit is really helping me to learn. There is like no free time though because they're trying to jam everything into 12 days. I also go called as a zone leader today and I'm super excited about it. Me and my companion are over 3 districts, but we'll lose and gain one next week.
  When you guys dropped me off I was really sad as I hugged you , but I turned around with a smile on my face and tears still in my eyes. I get to serve the Lord for 2 years and I'm really excited about this opportunity to learn and grow. There is no time to be home sick because we're constantly being spiritually fed. I love you all so much and I will miss you tons. Just remember why I'm here and that I love it. I can't wait to see you again.

Love,
  Elder Hoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment